Friday, July 13, 2007

I'm A Handy Type Of Gal!

In the absence of a lot of the furniture that I've been using lately, I decided this week to get a bit proactive and get some furniture of my own. Especially in light of the fact that I'll be moving into a one bedroom apartment soon, and all I have to show for it is a sofa that some friends gave me a few years back and a lot of dishes & table linens and little stuff like that.

So my first project was this - a tv stand. Here are some before & afters.


It wasn't till after the thing was assembled, and I saw that the TV seemed kind of low to the ground on it, that I realized that I had mistakenly picked up the wrong box, and bought a night stand, not a TV stand. They were all in the same area on the shelf at Target, and of course, when I'm on my phone and shopping, things just don't seem to go well. Like the size 6 shorts I bought for Josiah, when I meant to get the 4's. I was on the phone at the time. To the same person, matter of fact. And yeah, Jeff, you know who you are!!!

Ok, back to the whole mess. So, for now, the TV is a little low, but I'll go back this weekend and get the TV stand. It just means another project to put together - fun!!

In the meantime, in addition to the new TV/night stand I got this week, I also got a FREE chair & ottoman. And not just any free chair & ottoman, but a really cool one at that! It's so sweet, and I'm so stoked. I've always wanted one of those overstuffed leather ones, and now I have one. It's so comfy, I've found my new favorite place to read/blog/email/loaf.
Craigslist rocks, and in case you haven't checked it out yet, I highly recommend it.

No comments: