Monday, April 23, 2007

A Motherly Dilemna

Ok, so Mother's Day is coming up, and there are a lot of mothers, even besides my own, who I want to celebrate this year. So, in the spirit of scrapbooking and music, two of my favorite things, I decided to put together a CD with songs about mom on it, and then put it in this adorable photo book which I did a Make & Take for at Archivers. I am so excited to share this with my own mom, as well as those mothers I love and respect (Peggy, Michelle, Katie, Karen, you guys are awesome!)

But here's my dilemna - what songs about "mom" do I put on there? All the ones with the good lyrics, like acknowledging a mother's influence are old-time-hokey-country songs, and all the cool ones, with a decent sound to them are about how someone's mother drove them to the point of insanity (those brothers from Oasis are really messed up!).

In any case, here is the playlist I have so far. I can only think of one person who reads this blog (I love you K-girl!!), but in case anyone else does, I'm very open for suggestions: (Oh, P.S., yeah some of the artists listed there aren't the original recording artist for that song, it just so happens I like their version a little better)

Loves me like a rock – Paul Simon (might use the Allison Krauss version)

Someone to watch over me – Frank Sinatra

Stacys Mom – Fountains Of Wayne

Calling my Children Home – Emmylou Harris

Don’t Step on Mother’s Roses – Johnny Cash

Anita's Heart - Fernando Ortega

When Mama Prayed – Randy Travis

Your Heart Will Lead You Home – Kenny Loggins

In My Daughter's Eyes - Martina McBride

A Song For Mama – Boyz II Mama

Heart Of The House – Alanis Morrissette

Shower The People – James Taylor

I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing – Aerosmith

God Only Knows – The Beach Boys

Maybe I’m Amazed – Jem

She Believes In Me – Jarod Mason

Sweet Child O’ Mine – Sheryl Crow

You Are The Sunshine Of My Life – Stevie Wonder

Thank You – Dido

Secret Garden – Bruce Springsteen (really, what woman does this song not apply to?)

Lullaby - The Dixie Chicks

This One's For The Girls - Martina McBride


So, any and all input is appreciated! Maybe once I get this playlist all sweet and together, I can post it on here, wouldn't that be a nice treat for mom's everywhere.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Wow girl! It doesn't look like you need help. I can't think of a single song about mothers and you've got an entire list going. I don't have too many comments about the songs though since I only know about 1/4 of them. I love the last one by Martina!