Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Great News!

I just got some great news, and I am so excited I could pee on myself. I won't. A BIG area of concern in my life just got resolved, and with blessed results. I am so relieved - God is so faithful!

What could make this week even better? I have the rest of the day and all day tomorrow off work... AND I get to spend time with Josiah and Ana tomorrow as Michelle cuts my hair. My favorite family, and my favorite kids, and a haircut? Come on, it doesn't get much better!! I mean, look at how much fun Josiah and I have when we hang out.... granted, this was the Science Museum, where he could hardly contain his excitement over dinosaurs, but still.


Last time we were hanging out, I came over for a snow day, and after braving a blizzard to make some snow angels in the backyard, he, Ana and myself sat down to watch Polar Express. About half an hour into the movie, Josiah asked me:

Josiah: "Aunt Trinette, who's your best friend?"
Me: "Well, you are Josiah"
Josiah: "Aunt Trinette, who's your other best friend?"
Me: "Well, I think Ana is"
Josiah (frustrated now): "No, Aunt Trinette, who's your other, other best friend?"
Me: "Hmm, I don't know Josiah, I don't think I have another best friend"

Josiah: "It's Uncle Scott, isn't it? Uncle Scott is your other best friend."


Yeah kid. Not so sure about that! Anyway, that was a tangent.

So, back to good news and God's grace. For those of you who may be struggling, not seeing God's grace in their lives - trust me, it is there. Even when we can't see it, it is ever present, in our littlest breath. I have begun to come through a very dark patch in life, and am merely at the beginning. I have thought, many times over, that there was no hope, no grace and that I was on my own to face His discipline. Our God is a loving Father. He does love us and wants His best for us. But part of that is to come through darkness, leave sin behind and stay faithful. He is always at the other end, brightly shining in His glory, abounding in grace, mercy and love.

No comments: