Thursday, November 01, 2007

Five People I Really Don't Like

1. Colbie Caillat - get a real name punk! I hate your song!
2. That obnoxious United Way woman.
3. Tailgaters - ok, that's a lot of people, but the group can count, collectively, as one. Reason enough to hit my brakes.
4. Al Franken and/or Hillary Clinton - ok, that's two people, but again, their collective obnoxiousness and unattractiveness kind of makes them one entity in my mind. I thought political candidates were supposed to be good looking?
5. I can't think of anyone else. That's kind of good, isn't it?

Now, in the spirit of fairness, and to show that I'm not a total Scrooge McDuck, here are Five People I Really Like

1. Kaya Herdle - c'mon, that's a no-brainer!
2. That cute guy from our Tech Support department, B. - why won't he talk to me more?
3. The entire Coulon family. They're each wonderfully unique and great in their own way, and I love each & every one of them!
4. Babies - again, another no-brainer. But only the cute ones. I kind of feel bad for the ones with thin faces and protruding ears. Snake-bait!
5. Pat Monahan from Train. Cute, great voice, loves his family. Ohh, and John Mayer too.
6. Speaking of loving your family, I have this new appreciation for kind, respectful, considerate men, born a little bit, I think, out of dealing with men who are uncommonly rude & disrespectful to me, as a woman, either as I answer the phone at work, or as I shop at the Home Depot. Just because I wear a skirt doesn't mean I'm dumb. God didn't move part of my brain to my chest, trust me. As for those who set a chivalrous, character-filled example with their gentlemanly ways, you are acknowledged & appreciated!
7. People who give it to me straight, like my BFF, for one, or anyone else who will shoot straight with me. I'm tired of being lied to, given the runaround or talked to like I'm a child. I'm a big girl, I can take it!

That's it, for now. I think. I'm sure there are more people on the latter list, rather than the former, and as they come to mind, I will try to give credit where it's due.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can you imagine the nightmare if Hilary becomes president!!!!!!!!! LORD HAVE MERCY!