Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Total Waste

So, this is quite random, but every once in a while I feel like this, and today I'm just going to say it. I'm wearing a total waste of an outfit today. I mean, I look cute! Cute in that "I want to look like this every day" kind of way. Professional, yet still hip, and modest & coordinated (is it possible to be hip AND matchy-matchy? I mean, I think matchy-matchy & I think little old ladies from the South. So I say "coordinated" instead)


But what does it matter? Who's going to see it? It's a total waste of a cute day - there is no one to appreciate it. A total waste of an outfit.


Anyways, if you must know: long sleeved, scoop neck, charcoal grey merino wool sweater from Express, with a coordinating charcoal grey lace trim tank top underneath, visible only at the hem & neckline. An espresso brown box-pleated cotton sateen skirt, just above the knee with enough fullness to be very collegiate cute. Brown tights. Brown faux-alligator pointed toe T-stap pumps, a brown lacquered bangle, with gold trim, and matching oversized brown & gold beaded necklace with brown satin ribbon trim.


Don't ever say I'm not all about the details either!


So, I should take a picture, to send home to my mom and MawMaw. They always appreciate a good outfit - especially MawMaw. I think it's her years spent in the South & the Midwest that make her what I consider a true lady. Even when PawPaw was dying of cancer, her nails were always done, her hair done, her makeup done & her jewelry on. She is class. I miss her.


Speaking of ladies I miss - a little lady wrote me an email this morning. I got a message, a very random message, from Kaya Gracie. Here are some of the highlights:


Dear Trinette, I love you and miss you. You can be a princess. You can play hide and seek and Barbie's and you can play cards and marbles because that is fun. You can color and make hearts on pictures with me. You can even eat when you wake up! You can play, get married and read the Bible. Do you like to watch Nacho Libre with my
brothers? They like that one and I sing about stretchy pants. Sometimes I am silly and tooty! I miss you so much. You can be the manager of hide and seek. Now I have to go to bed so I will say goodbye and God loves you and good night. If you ever leave us, I will cry Trinette. You are my best friends! I love you so much!


Love, Kaya




and then later in the day, this....


Dear Trinette,

I got your letter and mom read it to me. When are you coming here? Did Lindsay's baby get out yet? I am glad I am in your picture and I have a picture in my scrapbook and you are in it too. I want a baby sister so bad! Well, maybe I will come to MN soon if I can come on a airplane. Or, Mom could put a stamp on me and mail me! So I have to go now and help mom with the laundry. But I am not going to say bye yet. You can draw hearts and cows and sheep or balloons with me and we can color. What do you want to eat for lunch? Soup? I am hungry! Okay...I love you.

Love, Kaya

P.S.Thank you for the letter you sent me. I like that and it is fun to get mail. We should sing songs every day! Howie's ear hurts so you should pray for him. Seth has ADD. I love and miss you. . .bye.


Reading these letters makes my heart fill with joy, and I must admit, I was laughing and crying at the same time. I am surprised by how touched I was by the words of this precious little 4 year old. She is such a little sister to me, and I am amazed by her sense of awe and wonder at the world and her sweet innocence. I guess these feelings of love and joy that well up in my heart may be something akin to actually loving on your own kids. But if that's the case, I don't know if my heart will be able to hold all that love. I literally overflow. Maybe it's PMS.


Ok, this is all I have to say for today. It's time to take my cute outfit and go color some cows & hearts & princesses. Or something like that.

No comments: