Friday, August 03, 2007

What's My Week Been Like?

So here, in brief, listed, synopsis form, are the things that have been on my mind this week:

  • Will I be able to continue as a pastry chef, with my Celiac's?

I mean, I get sick every day going into work, from the exposure to the wheat/gluten. What does this mean for my choice of career?

  • What is God's plan for my life, regarding ministry?

I talked on the phone yesterday to someone who has always had the gift of inspiring me to love the Lord more. Seriously, I got off the phone with him, and just prayed to Jesus, asking Him to make me love Him more. This friend has such a great heart for the Lord - I mean he is SOLD OUT!!! His love for the Lord is the most beautiful thing about him, and I am so blessed to know such a person, and have such a friend. Last night, talking to him, I was convicted, to the point of tears because I want to be more like my friend, and more like my Lord, Jesus.

Anyways, it got me thinking, today, about ministry, and what is my first love, when it comes to ministry? I know what it is, it's no secret. I want to reach out to hurting young women, who have been victims of abuse, and share God's amazing, redemptive, all-encompassing love & grace with them. But how am I pursuing that vision? Am I at all? How can I? I soooo want God to work in this area, and am desperate at His feet, because I know in a million ways I don't deserve it. But it's not about what we deserve, I truly believe it's about willingness to step out. How can I step out? I just want guidance, and believed that was what LDI was for. I need guidance in ministry - I pray the Lord will show me where to find it!

  • Also on my mind this week is moving:

I need to make a list of cleaning supplies I need to get. I want a Swiffer Wet Jet. Those things are cool!!

I need to get on the ball and find someone to show me how to re-linoleum a floor. I don't know a thing about it, and all the webcasts on Be Jane and HGTV in the world aren't helping. I went to the Home Depot again this week (it's becoming my new crack), and spent about half an hour just staring at the shelf with all the stuff on it. I'm clueless, and I better get a clue, and soon, since I want the kitchen & bathroom floors done before I start to move in.

Speaking of moving in - did y'all know that the MN State Fair is the same weekend I'm moving? What's up with that? I better move quickly, because I am not missing out on the fair again this year. I REALLY want to go see Brad Paisley. Goodness gracious is he cute! Too bad, he's like 3 feet tall. He's so cute, in that big white hat, singing the Old Rugged Cross or Mud On The Tires. Cute!

Ok, really, that's all my week has been about. Not too exciting, but good enough for me. More to follow soon, and don't forget - there are only 3 days left to vote on the poll "Which Muppet Are You?"

No comments: