Monday, March 26, 2007

The Beginning Of A Season




It is the beginning of a new season.


Spring is here. It was warm today, almost cloyingly so. I am excited, though, because it's time to break out the pretty clothes - the skirts and sandals of summer.


I am also at the beginning of a new season with God. And I am scared. I am standing on a precipice, and I am teetering. He is asking me to fall, face first, into the emptiness I cannot see. I don't want to. I am having a hard time believing He will catch me before I hit the ground. I want a renewal of His promises, like the renewal of spring. I want to believe like the author below, that all fears are swept away when I am with Him.




Out in the Fields with God
by Anonymous

The little cares that fretted me
I lost them yesterday
Among the fields, above the sea,
Among the winds at play,
Among the lowing of the herds,
The rustling of the trees,
Among the singing of the birds,
The humming of the bees.

The foolish fears of what might happen,
I cast them all away,
Among the clover-scented grass,
Among the new-mown hay,
Among the husking of the corn,
Where drowsy poppies nod,
Where ill thoughts die and good are born--
Out in the fields with God.



No comments: