Saturday, March 24, 2007

My Sunshine

This has been a hard week. But a great one too. Never before have I felt so relieved at having my hand slapped, or being disciplined. There is a peace and a joy that is accompanying what I am going through right now that can only be attributed to God's grace. I am more than grateful, and don't want to lose sight of this time in my life!

It was also a good week because, at the beginning of it, like a ray of sunshine who's warmth would carry me through some cold fog, I talked to my darling, my sweetheart, Kaya Grace Herdle. I didn't just talk to her though, we had a full blown conversation, centering a lot around favorite colors. It went something like this:

Kaya: What's your favorite color?

Me: Umm, red. What's your's?

Kaya: Well, my favorite color is pink, but then my other favorite color is purple. Do you like purple? What's your other favorite color?

Me: Wow, Pink is my other favorite color too!! What a coincidence.

Kaya: (yelling off into the distance) Dad, Trinette's other favorite color is Pink! Just like mine!! Dad, what's your favorite color?

Mike: (yelling back) Blue.

Kaya: My dad's favorite color is blue. What's your other favorite color?

Me: I don't know, I really just like red and pink. What's your mom's favorite color?

Kaya: (yelling off into the distance, and REPEAT).........

This went on for quite a while, with favorite colors. But then out of the blue, all of a sudden, in a very emphatic tone, she commanded "Sing me a song. Sing me 'Deck the halls with boughs of holly falalalalalalalala'. That's a beautiful song." So I did, I sang to her, and then she sang something back to me. But even though she's three now, and her vocabulary is impressive and her conversational skills are advanced, she still has this little chipmunk voice that I can't quite discern at times. So, she sang to me, but what I don't know.

It was pretty much the highlight of the beginning of my week. A dark, dreary, disciplining week. I am blessed!

No comments: