I'm feeling rather random today. Thoughts keep popping into my head, during the week, and I think Somehow, I must get that into a blog post. But sometimes these little smidgens aren't enough for a post of their own. Therefore, random ramblings:
- I think my favorite love song post-1980 is Everlong, by the Foo Fighters. Double points if it's the acoustic version.
- Pre-1980 it's definitely You Do Something To Me, as song by Ella Fitzgerald. Or maybe Paper Moon by Nat King Cole. Really I'm a sucker for either of the Coles (Porter, or Nat King).
- I am a sucker for Snuggle laundry softener. I absolutely adore the smell of clean laundry. And anything Cucumber Melon, in the summer.
- I'd rather lose my ears than my breasts. True story.
- Like my freak mirror, K, sometimes I think in Facebook statuses. True story again.
- Though I like to think of myself as mostly tolerant, and urban, truth be told, I hate city noise. Especially when generated by loud, uncaring, uncouth people who feel the need to talk loudly in libraries and play their music at eardrum shattering decibels, when they live in an apartment building. Gimme the quiet solitude of the country and small town life any day.
- I could nap everyday and be perfectly content. And no, I don't have mono and I'm not depressed.
- Most days I like children much, much more than adults. Less drama, more innocence, and hardly any pretension. Plus you can throw them around and they smile a lot.
- I really, really want to be a writer, but I have no idea where to start, other than this blog. Diablo Cody is kind of my hero, and she's gorgeous! I don't want to follow in her footsteps per se (sorry, no stripping career for THIS girl), but I admire her chutzpah and style. Second only to baking, in my life, writing is something I'm both good at, and feel utterly at home doing. *Sigh*
- So, if I can't be a writer, I want to be a bakery owner. Who knows, maybe someday I'll do both. But for now, I am just itching to start my own bakery and call it Hello Sugar. I want to make adorable cupcakes with sugared violets and lemon drops on top, and towering, frosting heavy, multi-layered cakes in interesting flavors like Lychee Green Tea and Coconut Almond Caramel. I want to name the cupcakes after my friends, and also make home made candies too. If I could do this, while married, raising a baby, and living in a beach house in Portland, Oregon, that would be sheer heaven. But I'll settle for single, in Minneapolis, with the option to adopt and hang pictures of my adorable adopted baby all over the store.
These are all little random tidbits that have been floating around in my mind like cottonwood pollen in the breeze. Sometimes I just need an outlet for them - if only because I find them interesting, more so than believing anyone else would. Here's another random thought for you: It's Sunday afternoon, and I believe that days like this, despite being gorgeous outside, are made for naps. On that note, happy June to you!