Thursday, January 03, 2008

Ya Had To Be There

For those of you who got a kick out of my "I Love Lucy" post a while back.... here's something more to brighten your day, and make you feel more graceful.

I woke up late this morning, so I didn't have time to hit Starbucks for my usual breakfast. I knew this leaving the house, so I grabbed a Mint Mocha Frappucino (disappearing from stores sometime soon) from the fridge, to drink instead. Once I got to work and settled in at the reception desk (I cover the receptionist on her morning break), I began to unwrap the plastic protective layer from the lid of my Frap. That came off pretty easy, so hastily, and without much thought, I shook the Frappupcino bottle to mix it, before taking a sip. I never got that sip.

The minute I began to shake the bottle, the lid flew off, across the desk, and mint mocha frappucino landed everywhere. I mean everywhere. It was all over me, the desk, the floor, my dress, the computer, the papers on the table, down my shirt, in my hair, and generally covering everything like a tiny little Starbucks rainshower. Thank you Seattle, try the veal!

My first reaction was something between a moan and a whine. A long, drawn out, high pitched mwhoane. There I sat, looking at the little puddles and ponds of delicious frappucino, covering everything in a three foot radius, feeling it's wet stickiness drip down into my bra, cold & minty (sorry, TMI!).

As this was all happening, the new IT Director, the new guy, happened to be walking by. As he disappeared quickly up the stairs behind me, as if this kind of klutziness were highly contagious and he needed to scurry, I could hear him say "wow".

Wow. I guess that's a good reaction to something this silly. Wow.

Fifteen minutes later, slightly cleaned up, skirt wet from washing the frap out of it, still uncaffienated, I'm up at my desk, wondering how, and why, these things happen to me. Is it strictly for the entertainment of others? Is God trying to teach me a lesson? Or am I really, just that klutzy??

Maybe once I get some coffee in me, I'll figure out the answer.

No comments: