Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday Update (Aka Things I Did This Week)

Here's the week's update:

Got my hair cut - finally did the short Katie Holmes haircut that I've been admiring for months. LOVE IT!

Spent time with Ana & Josiah, brifely, all too briefly. Was invited to Ikea by my darling, Josiah. I love that kid!

Trained my cats to not be mostly psycho at night (Henry still has a long way to go, Nigel is an angel, however).

Realized there will be no keeping my clothes cat-hair free.

Made cookies for the UCE, and then decided not to send them, because I think he's just not that into me.

Watched the Disney/Pixar Short Films dvd.

Re-watched Ratatouille.

Began my volunteer training at the Christian Recovery Center, so I can finally begin to work with women victims of sexual abuse. I couldn't be more thankful!!

Dislocated a rib. Felt it pop back in.

Committed myself to doing 175 formal invitations for our companies Annual Holiday Gala. Realized I'm out of my mind.

Decided I'm going to uninvite the UCE to the Gala, because, as mentioned before, I think he's not that into me anymore. I'm not quite sure yet, though. I'm working on it.

Yeah, that's about it for me right now. It's been a quiet week, despite incessant meowing on the part of my two new cats, Nigel & Henry. God has been teaching me some interesting lessons about sacrifice this week. Or at least the kind of sacrifice that comes in relationships with other people. Through my cats of all things. Basically He reminded me how much I fear intimacy and committment. Thanks God.

I guess too, if I'm going to put it all out there, I'm really kind of irritated by the way things worked out with the UCE, and how I am kind of kicking myself for giving up my ideals, my standards, etc. I am also irritated by a friend, who though I know won't lord it over me, was right about him. And that pisses me off. I'm tired of her being always right! I just, once, want to prove her wrong.

There's a lot going on in this big noggin' of mine today. This week. Some of I started to share on here, and then discarded. Some of it I know I shouldn't share. I am feeling so out of sorts, with everything, lately. I don't know why. Could be the coffee. I'm feeling pressured, too, to have my blog be about something. Every post being meaningful or about something, when really I'm quite comfortable having the Seinfeld of blogs. It's about nothing really.

So, yeah, there you go. For now, that's all folks. By the way, check it out, I'm trying to give Daniel Day-Lewis a run for his money, in his new film "There Will Be Blood". Which of us do y'all think is more imposing??


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great pics! & wow how long have u been growing that tash?