Sunday, May 09, 2010

Postscript to Hiding In Plain Sight. Subtitle: A Good Solution

I've decided. I'm gonna shake the blues that have me all twitterpated today, and choose to find joy in the good life that I have. Tonight I'm gonna find something good to do with my time that will send these needless and senseless blues packing away. I think it's 1.) time to start on Chlo-Bot's quilt, and 2.) maybe watch some old Bones episodes, and 3.) eat some spicy Thai or Chinese food for dinner. Woooo.... Bonus #4 - I found my journal, and haven't journaled any prayers for while, that would be a great end to the evening!! Four things that are bound to bring me joy. Four things that are a better solution than feeling sorry for myself or wondering if I'm really depressed or not.

And because I haven't in a long, long time, here's a few more things that remind me how greatly I'm loved, from the TLP.

1. Psalm 17:7 - "Show me the wonder of your great love, you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from their foes." I guess you could say it's the TLP theme verse

2. Amazing kids that I get to teach. How did I get to be so blessed as to lead them in truth and spend time just talking and teaching them every week? Truly, I don't deserve such an honor and a privelege.

3. Being told I'm anything but boring, from one of the most fun, spirited and lively women I know. Denice, I heart you.

4. Remembering that God is faithful to me, more than I ever could be faithful to seek Him out. Wow, grace is a beautiful thing.

(Oh, the TLP - or The Love Project for you newcomers to my blog. When did I stop writing down a new way I'm shown God's love for me daily? Silly wabbit - it's time to reinstate that in my life. )

The time I've been given here to do something with my life is too short for me to waste it feeling blue or sorry for myself. It's time to buck up buttercup, and to remember that there is much to look forward to and take joy in, in this life, even amongst all the crap that's out there competing for my attention too. Yeah, I can hide in plain sight, but what good is a lamp under a basket? Today, I hope that my life would be beautiful glowing candlelight, reflecting joy. This, I think, would be a good decision.

No comments: