Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Random Smattering Of Amusement

So, in all honesty, this is going to be pretty random right now. There’s a lot that I want to say, and get out there, but no real rhyme or reason to it, and barely enough content to warrant each topic having it’s own blog post. So in the tradition of GCG (Good Corporate Girls, not your typical GCG Good Christian Girls), I tried to present you with Bullet Points, but sadly, they didn't work. So here you go - Rambling Randomness.

My new favorite quote is from Mad Men Season Two “My podiatrist went to Hazelton. He came back a new man with lots of funny stories. He only drinks beer now.”

You can learn a lot about a person from their Amazon Wish List. This morning I added a ton of stuff to mine, and anyone who were to glance at it could see what is preoccupying my mind these days. Namely Graphic Design, Grizzly Bear, Beer, Sex. Not exactly in that order.

I totally find it amusing that Amazon, in their tags for the book Sex God: Exploring the Endless Connections between Sexuality and Spirituality, by Rob Bell, lists the following in this order: Christian Spirituality, Emergent, Emerging Church, Bad Taste, Emergent Church. Hahah!

I am not a stalker. But I do often browse certain friend’s Amazon Wish Lists. For two reasons mainly. #1 I like to see if there’s anything cheap enough on there that I can get them. And #2, I trust their opinions and taste (I did say certain friend’s), and often find things I’d like to hear/read/try on their lists. Plus, I love my friends, and like to know what makes them tick, but that’s an unannounced #3. Sorry!

Back to randomness – I watched the Notebook last night. I don’t know what made me do this, really. I think it was something in a Facebook thread the other day, joking about watching this movie, and the fact that I’m bored out of my skull being home alone. And it’s not exactly a movie I’d sit down and watch amongst the company of roommates (plural), for two reasons. #1 Some highly suggestive scenes, and #2, I always end up bawling. Not crying, literally weeping, gnashing of teeth, tearing of garments, snot uncontrollably dripping down my nose, heaving for air bawling every time I watch it. Seriously, it wasn’t pretty last night, my eyes were puffy and red as I clutched my favorite blanket to my chest, rocking back and forth in a ball, tears streaming down my cheeks and staining my shirt, muttering the words “Noah and Allie” over and over again. Damn Notebook, curse you tearjerking love story!!

All that crying did inspire me to give myself a facial last night though. I think it was in an effort to reduce the swollen redness of my eyes so I wouldn’t look like I had been on all night bender today. But I had some great sit-around-the-house-with-chalky-white-out-all-over-my-face time, that I wouldn’t normally have or do. I even scared myself. Boredom and loneliness and neurotic weirdness aside, maybe there are perks to having the house to myself for a few days – my skin is glowing today.

Tonight, however, there will be no Romance movies at my house. No, tonight, I will be revelling in all that is wonderful and awesome in SciFi world. That is, the release on dvd (finally!) of Battlestar Galactica 4.5!!! Gaeta, Gaelin, Gay-lactica, it will all be there. YESSS!!!

Lastly, I finally got my MN Walk For Autism letters done, and am anxious to get them out. I have one person signed up on my team to come walk with me, and have handed out two letters so far. I’m nervous about asking people to join my team and walk with me, or for a donation, so if you think you might be interested in raising public awareness about Autism, or supporting me as I do, please let me know!

Well, that’s about it for Random Bullet Point time. I know there were other things I was writing about, but let’s just leave it at this. After all, if I were a Led Zeppelin song, I’m pretty sure I’d be Ramble On. Thanks for reading, Good luck and good night.

No comments: