Monday, May 20, 2013

Wedded Bliss

I know that probably many former readers of this blog have dropped off, discouraged by the fact that I never seem to write anymore.  I apologize.  I still, always, have a lot to say, and even as I start this post I can think of book reviews, and musings on social injustices, and random thoughts about something I saw on tv, or read in National Geographic, and contemplations on the nuances of relationships - all things I want to write about and have plenty to say about.

Please know that I don't neglect blogging because I've stopped caring, and have nothing more to say.  I just don't have the patience to get it all out, arrange and organize so many thoughts, and make it coherent and interesting, throw in some pictures and hit post.  I envy people who do have that time.  I hope someday again that will be me.  Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Till then - know that life is great.  I got married!!!  I met the "one", and we did it.  We tied the knot.  After two wonderful years together, and much more joy than I'll ever deserve.  We stood in front of family and friends and I wore a big old white dress, and he was in a suit, looking so handsome.  And now we call each other "hubby" and "wifey" and nothing feels different, and yet it all still seems so surreal.  Like I'm floating outside my body, watching someone else's much happier, much more conventional life.  I will never be a crazy cat lady again.

Anyways, because I want to put these photos somewhere, and share them somehow, but don't necessarily want to go the Facebook route, here they are.  A few snapped pics of our wedding day, and the man I am deeply and madly in love with, and who patiently tolerates and appreciates me daily.

I am incredibly happy, and hope the same happiness for everyone on earth.  If only we all were so happy, how would this world be different?

And that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.











No comments: